What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Friday 7 August 2015

Unobtainable by Shawn Lane

Scott O’Hara and Edgar Lopez have been partners in the homicide unit of Haydon Cliff’s Police Department for the last couple of years. Edgar is openly gay and a bit of a player. Though Scott is also gay, he keeps it to himself. Even from Edgar. Until one night, a slightly drunk Scott initiates sex between them. Scott doesn’t expect the sex to be repeated. He doesn’t do one-night stands or have casual sex-buddies. But Edgar has other ideas and Scott can’t seem to resist his sexy partner.

While they try to solve the mystery of who is murdering Haydon Cliff’s homeless, they also try to solve the mystery of whether Edgar’s heart can really be unobtainable.

Genres: Gay/Contemporary/Mystery/Detective/Interracial/Multicultural
Heat Level: 3
Length: Extended Amber Kiss (13k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...It had been a long day—they were always long—when I headed out to my car after my shift was over. Edgar had walked out with me and made for his motorcycle.

“Hey, Scott?”

I stopped as I was about to open my car door. “Yeah?”

Edgar looked more than a little uncomfortable. “Want to go get a drink or something?”

And though he’d asked, his expression said that was exactly the last thing he wanted to do. Fortunately I would save him from such a fate.

“Nah, that’s okay. Not much in the mood.” I opened the door. “Catch you later, Edgar. Good night.”

And I got in without giving him a chance for anymore awkward invitations.

I stopped on the way home for a drive-thru fast food dinner. Soon afterward, I and was pulling into my reserved parking space at my apartment complex when I noticed Edgar waiting next to his motorcycle. He was parked in a visitor spot.

“You forget something?” I asked, not bothering to hide my confusion. And perhaps a hint of irritation. Because yeah, I was annoyed that he had just showed up without notice.

Edgar nodded but he didn’t say a word. He just followed me up the stairs to my second floor apartment.

“I didn’t get you anything,” I said, holding up my bag of food as I stuck the key in the lock.

“Not hungry,” was his only response. He seemed impatient, agitated. I wasn’t sure why.

With a shake ofShaking my head, I turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door. Edgar waited for me to precede him, and then he entered the apartment and kicked the door shut behind us. I started to turn away toward the kitchen when he reached for my bag of fast food and tossed it on the nearby hall table where I usually set my keys and mail.

“Hey, what are you—?”

He had me up against the wall, and despite the fact I was the taller one of us, he easily overpowered me with his strength. He grabbed my wrists and held my arms high above my head as he ground the hard bulge in his pants against me.

His lips smothered the protest I was about to make, his tongue thrusting inside my mouth, rubbing against the roof of my mouth before settling into a tangle with mine.

I felt my own cock rise in reaction, pushing against my briefs and zipper of my jeans. He’d somehow managed to trap my legs so I couldn’t move them, because if I had been able to, I would have probably kneed him in the crotch. Because this…this wasn’t supposed to be happening again.

And yet it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment