What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Thursday 6 August 2015

On Bryson by D.J. Manly

A few years ago, Soren became involved with the wrong man, and all he wanted to do was get away from a life connected to the mob. But now, here he is yet again, right back in that world, running a nightclub called The Sand Dune for the Gambini crime family. Never does he expect to meet the love of his life there, let alone that the man who comes into his nightclub is a cop on a rampage trying to discover who shot his cousin.

But now that Sergeant Bryson Accurso’s at The Sand Dune investigating, Soren’s been given orders to “be on him” at all times. And after one look at the sexy lawman, Soren immediately realizes his orders will be far too easy for him to follow...and he intends to follow those instructions to the letter.

Genres: Gay/Contemporary/Action/Adventure/Romantic Comedy
Heat Level: 3
Length: Extended Novella (39k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...Bryson looked at him. “Want a blanket?”

“What?” Soren blinked.

“A blanket. I know you’re going to sit outside all night.”

“You could invite me up,” he said softly. “Then I wouldn’t need a blanket.”

Bryson glanced at him. “For what? We could fuck. Do you think that would be a good idea, Soren?”

“No.” Soren shook his head. “It’s a terrible idea, but it’s what I want at the moment. We may never get another chance.” He moved closer.

Bryson stepped away. “We can’t always have what we want.”

Soren pulled him back. “Look at me.”

Bryson met his gaze.

“Trust me. I would never hurt you. I would tell you everything if I thought it would make a difference. It won’t. It will get us both killed. That’s all I can say.”

“Somewhere deep down I want to trust you, Soren. Give me a reason, tell me something.” Their voices were like hushed whispers.

“If I tell you I think Vinnie may be dead”—he glanced up to Bryson’s window—“will you take me upstairs and forget about all this for a few hours?”

Bryson smiled, shrugged. “Try me.”

“There’s a good chance Vinnie’s dead. I think Sidney ordered the hit on Vinnie a few nights ago.”

“My cousin was working that night instead? The shooter thought he was Vinnie. “

Soren nodded. “I think so. Vinnie screwed up too many times. Sidney thought it would look like a mob hit. When Vinnie came to Sidney after it happened, Sidney ordered one of his men to take Vinnie out into the woods. I heard a shot back of the property around three in the morning. The shot woke me out of a dead sleep.” Soren moved closer, he traced the frown on Bryson’s lips. “Now, you keep your end of the bargain.”

“Are you serious?”

Soren nodded. “I never joke about fucking.”

“Are you sure it was Vinnie who was shot?” Bryson urged. “I need to see a body.”

“I can’t prove it, God damn it,” Soren snapped. “You could get yourself killed. I wouldn’t want that to happen. Just forget Vinnie and drop all this.”

Bryson shook his head. “Can’t do that. And stop worrying about me, Soren. You’ll get frown lines. And, really, I can take care of myself.”

“Fine, be an ass!” Soren called after him as Bryson began to walk toward his building. “Hey, you promised me a fuck. You’re not a man of your word?”

Bryson laughed but he didn’t look back...

No comments:

Post a Comment