What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Replacement by Christiane France

When Noah loses his life partner to kidney failure, he not only grieves personally, but he also needs a replacement to help run his restaurant business. After a couple of tryout failures, Noah eventually interviews the stunning Gavin Murray.

Gavin has everything needed to become the perfect general manager. He has the education, the experience, and the polish and sophistication required in a top executive. The only problem, however, is that Noah finds the man sexually attractive in a way that borders on pure obsession. He wants Gavin, but he tells himself that he can’t have him. He’s still mourning Brett and he’s far from ready to move on with his life. If he had any sense, he’d turn down Gavin’s application and send him on his way.

Instead, Noah eventually agrees to give Gavin a three-month trial period by convincing himself the man is his only option to fill the position and that business comes first.

But will Noah be able to resist the daily temptation he now faces with Gavin in such close proximity?

Genres: Gay/Contemporary
Heat Level: 2
Length: Extended Amber Kiss (14k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...The washroom was empty, so I did what I came for and washed my hands at one of the sinks. As I pulled some paper towel from the dispenser, the door behind me opened. I heard a soft chuckle and then a slightly husky voice said, “Well, this is a surprise. I didn’t expect to find you here.”

Shit! Gavin Murray.

I dried my hands, balled up the paper towel and dropped it in the bin. “Why not? I’m gay. This is a gay club. And we all need to relax once in a while.”

“So we do.” He moved in close enough to run a hand lightly down my back and over my ass. I shivered and gripped the edge of the sink for support. He did it again, and I clenched my teeth, hating the way my traitorous body reacted to his touch. “But what you need is a man, not that inexperienced boy.”

“I had a man. He died.”

“So you said. That doesn’t mean you have to settle for scraps.”

“I’m not. Terry’s just a friend of a friend. He was giving me a lift home and we stopped for a drink, then decided to have a dance, and…”

“You don’t need to explain anything to me.” Gavin moved in even closer and ran his tongue around my ear. “God, you’re hot.”

He wasn’t slurring his words or exhibiting any signs of being drunk. Even so, rather than take a chance on things getting out of hand, I managed to slide out from where he had me trapped between his body and the sink. I then turned to face him, careful to keep my tone light. “You figure this is a good way to impress the new boss?”

“Ah, but you’re not my boss yet. Not until Monday.”

Just then another couple came in who, thank God, appeared to be more interested in each other than they were in us. Before that could change, Gavin hustled me into the nearest stall and closed and locked the door behind us.

“What the—”

My words were lost, then forgotten as his mouth covered mine and I felt the thrust of his tongue. I knew I should push him off, figure out a way to stop what was about to happen. But the stall was no bigger than a shoe box. With no room to move, I was powerless to prevent the inevitable taking its course as he quickly undid my pants and slipped a hand inside. I sucked in a breath and released it as a sigh of pure pleasure as his cool fingers took possession of my throbbing cock. Truth was, I needed this, and no way did I want to stop. It was what we both wanted, a fact Gavin made crystal clear as he guided my very willing hand to his own impressive erection...

No comments:

Post a Comment