What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Project Snowflake by Heidi Champa

Brenton Tyler never intended to fall in love with his co-worker, TV weatherman Spencer Allen. And he certainly never planned to say those three little words so quickly. But, now that he’s done both, things start to look a little cloudy. Instead of saying “I love you” back to Brenton, Spencer ends things, informing Brenton that he’s leaving town for a better job in a bigger city.

When a blizzard traps both men at the television station overnight, one last tryst together makes things even more complicated and leaves Brenton with a tough choice. Should he let the man he loves breeze out of his life forever, or should he hold onto the hope that they can weather the storm and get back to sunny skies?

Genres: Gay/Contemporary
Heat Level: 2
Length: Extended Amber Kiss (17k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...Spencer grinned, his white teeth peeking out from behind his perfect lips.

“I don’t know if you heard, but it’s snowing.”

“Think I picked that up somewhere. Hey, has Evan ever told you how much he loves snow?”

Spencer rolled his eyes, and I felt my heart flip over. Seeing him, talking to him…it felt like too much. If only I’d kept my mouth shut. I should have known better. Five months wasn’t enough time to fall in love. Sure, I’d considered us friends before we ever went on a date. And we’d gotten to know a lot about each other as the weeks went by. I was one of the only people in the world who knew his real name was Thomas Spencer Allenberg, and Spencer knew the real story behind the scar on my forehead. For me, falling in love with him wasn’t even a question. It was impossible not to.

It still should have been obvious it was all too fast. I really had no idea what his true feelings were. Spencer was way too good at projecting cool confidence. I’d been worried that he was hiding his real feelings behind his well-crafted façade. Until last night, when it occurred to me that his aloof nature might be hiding the fact he didn’t have any real feelings for me at all.

“Yeah, I think he might’ve mentioned it a few times,” he said.

He moved a few inches closer to me, and I felt my pulse start to race. I glanced out the window in the lobby.

“So, I guess all this snow means we’re gonna have to cancel our dinner tonight, huh?” I said, secretly relieved by the fact. It seemed better to have a little distance, a little time for the dust to settle.

“I guess so. If we try to leave, we may never get back. Evan would lose his mind.”

“You’re probably right. Oh, well,” I said, with a smile. He didn’t return it. Spencer’s face turned serious for a moment. I worried he was going to acknowledge the elephant in the room, right there in the station lobby, and I wasn’t ready.

“Yeah. Hey, I have to go get ready for the show, but even though we can’t go out for dinner, I really want to talk to you after the broadcast. I think there are a few things we should discuss.”

My throat seized up at the thought. Talking equaled bad news. I knew enough to know that. At least I had a temporary reprieve to get used to the idea. I grinned, not knowing what else to do.

“Okay, great. See you after.”

He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and took off toward the studio. I was shell-shocked for a moment, until I heard high heels clacking on the tile floor. Jamie snapped me out of my panic, her eyes wide.

“What’s wrong?” she asked with concern.

“Spencer wants to talk after the show.”

“And that’s bad?”

I gave her a nasty look, but she waved her hand to dismiss me.

“You’re always assuming the worst, Brenton. Maybe try to be normal for once and don’t jump to conclusions.”

I thought about what she said and knew I had to spill the beans.

“It’s going to be bad. I’m sure.”

She laughed and I tried to ignore the panic going through me.

“Sweetie, relax. I’m sure it’s nothing to stress about.”

I looked at her and told her the truth. “I told Spencer I loved him last night. He didn’t say it back.”

Her mouth dropped open for a moment, until she said exactly what I was thinking.

“Shit...”

1 comment:

  1. I jumped in and the other extract first, hmm what confusing messages Spencer gives poor Brenton, but quite often people with a career plan can be unaware of how they affect others and it looks a long term relationship may not be on those plans, well not yet anyway.

    I look forward to reading this book and finding out what happens... :)

    ReplyDelete