What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Thursday 17 October 2013

Station to Station by KC Kendricks

Scott Thomas welcomes the assignment when he’s tagged to oversee the new commuter rail line from Easton to Marionville, a high-profile project that demands expertise. His love of trains makes him a natural for the job. When a friend invites him on a Mystery Train Dinner Adventure, Scott’s onboard for an evening of fun, and gets more than he ever dreamed about when he meets his ideal tall, dark-haired stranger on the train.

Dakota Reece views the new commuter rail as the opening he’s needed for him and his brother to build their own firm and future. Planning a start-up company while toiling on the commuter rail project is hard work, and Dakota takes an evening off to relax on the Mystery Train. When the train stops to serve dinner, Dakota is boldly cruised by a fellow passenger. He has to get to know this smart, sexy man and asks Scott to join him for a drink.

Scott and Dakota hit it off and a quiet cup of coffee leads to unexpected possibilities—and consequences. Their budding relationship could cause a multimillion dollar conflict-of-interest charge. When Dakota makes a sudden decision to advance his timeline, Scott will do whatever is necessary to keep them together, on track, and avoiding derailment. 

Genres: Gay/Contemporary
Heat Level: 3
Length: Novella (25k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...The back room beckoned and only he and I would know.

“I’m afraid so, but look on the bright side. We’re getting to know each other.”

Dakota leaned back and grinned. “Ah, courtship. It’s a fine concept, but I don’t care for the practical applications.”

I didn’t either. We’d hit it off, and our one kiss had sparked some serious carnal curiosity between us. Moving forward on a personal level hinged on the sex being good. It was shallow, but true. I met his gaze and watched his eyes go dark. He fixed me with the intense stare of a gay man on the prowl. We’d wait, but only because our dicks hadn’t overtaken our brains yet. I licked my lips and watched his Adam’s apple bob as he swallowed.

“So are you still brave enough for dinner tomorrow night?”

“Wild horses couldn’t keep me away, Scott.”

We exchanged cell phone numbers and discussed restaurants and agreed to meet at a little Italian place out toward Easton. We might be observed, but having dinner together wasn’t the same as sleeping together. Dakota finished his coffee and pushed the mug away.

“I guess we should call it a night, huh?”

“It is past midnight.”

He reached for my hand again. “We’re having dinner together tonight.”

“Technically, yes.” I stared into his eyes as I lifted his hand to kiss his knuckles. His lips parted.

“My room is two blocks from here, Scott. Whataya say?”

My resolve to keep stupidity at bay wavered. Hell, it crumbled, and I was about to tread over the broken pieces of it on my way out the door to his place.

The letters awarding the bids were already in sealed envelopes in a locked drawer in the mayor’s office. How much flak could there be if someone found out Dakota and I had a little tryst? I nodded and saw victory flash in his eyes. I downed the last of my lukewarm coffee and pushed back from the table. “Let’s go.”

Dakota rose in an easy, unhurried motion and dropped a five-dollar bill on the table for a tip. “I like a man full of surprises.”

I’m not sure I did when I was that man. I motioned at the exit. “Lead on.”

Instead of heading out, he stepped in front of me and cupped the back of my neck. His mouth covered mine, and my skin heated in a wave. I licked his lips and they opened to me. His silky tongue slid over mine, and my cock swelled to an aching fullness in three throbbing heartbeats. My hands went to his hips, then I pulled him tight against me to let him feel how hard I was for him, but also to know if he was hard for me. His lips bowed under mine as he ended the kiss and rested his forehead to mine.

“That’s for you.”

I certainly hoped so. “We need to get outta here. Let’s go.”

He nodded and kept his arm around my waist to propel me to the stairs and out the door. Dakota walked me to my car, then seized the opportunity to pin me against it and kiss me again. His pelvis ground into mine as I thrust my tongue past his lips. The scent of overheated male teased my senses. I slipped my index finger beneath his belt and ran my fingertip over the soft cotton covering the tip of his cock. It was wet. He pulled away and flipped his thumb in the direction of full size, white, four-wheel drive pickup.

“That’s my ride.”

“I’ll be right behind you.”

He grinned, and I shook my head. “Not tonight, cowboy.”

“You say that now, but tonight is only hours away.”

I gave him a little push toward his truck. “Drive. Now.”

Dakota’s good-natured laughter was infectious. I grinned and climbed into my coupe before he could distract me again. Second-guessing myself was distraction enough because tricking him tonight was incredibly stupid... 

No comments:

Post a Comment