What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Next Stop: Funnel Cake by Heidi Champa

Travis Webber has been working at his uncle’s amusement park since the days of keeping money in his pocket during the summers of high school and college. But, with his college career cut prematurely short, it’s turned into a full-time job. To add insult to injury, he’s forced to spend the bulk of his summer driving the train that runs through the park. This isn’t a huge problem, however, until someone from his past recognizes him.

Andrew Baxter, the guidance counselor who helped Travis in high school, recognizes him immediately, in spite of the seven years that have passed—and Travis’s cheesy overalls. When he invites Travis out to catch up on old times, Travis is reluctant, but his long-dormant crush on Andrew from his teenaged years is still enough to make him say “yes.”

As the two men get reacquainted, demons from Travis’s past threaten to grind the reunion to a halt. Can Travis learn to trust again and let Andrew into his life, or will old hurts derail his future? 

Genres: Gay/Contemporary/Exhibitionism/Public Places
Heat Level: 3
Length: Novella (19k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...He wrapped his hand around my neck and pulled me close, our lips gently brushing for a brief moment before we kissed. It started innocently, like it had in the parking lot that night. It wasn’t long before his tongue was in my mouth and our hands were roaming everywhere we could reach. When he pulled back, I could barely breathe.

“How do they feel now?”

“I’m not sure. I still can’t believe this is happening.”

“Which part?”

“All of it. Being here with you. The kiss. It’s all crazy.”

“If Shane hadn’t dragged me to Downy’s that day, it never would’ve happened. He didn’t think he could deal with the boys on his own, so I relented and went with him.”

“Then you saw me in my train conductor glory and somehow you weren’t repulsed.”

Andrew laughed as he pulled me into his arms.

“Far from it. I thought you looked sexy as hell. Don’t suppose you get to take those overalls home with you?”

“Not usually, but I might be able to make an exception.”

“Until then, I’ll have to use my imagination.”

His hands held tight to the back of my shirt as we kissed, things getting heated very quickly. When he reached for the top button of my shirt, I once again felt a surge of panic wash through me. I reached up to stop him, throwing a bit of cold water on the mood.

“What’s wrong, Travis?”

“I’m not sure.”

He rested his forehead against mine before looking into my eyes. “If you don’t want to do this, we don’t have to.”

“I want to. I don’t know how to stop being so nervous.”

“I might have a way to help you out with that. Get you to relax a bit.”

He grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway to the bedroom. If anything, what he was doing was making me jumpier, but I tried to go with it. The room was dark, but after Andrew messed with the switch, there was a dim glow all around us. His smile made my legs turn to wet noodles and his lips were on mine again without another word. When his fingers made deft work of my buttons, my brain was screaming, but this time I ignored it and let it happen. The fabric hit the floor and his hands started roaming over my chest, my skin tingling at each point of contact.

“You sound like you’re hyperventilating, Travis. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah. I’m fine. Would this be a bad time to admit to having a crush on you when I was in school?”

“No. Although, I’m more concerned with how you feel about me right now.”

“Well, I think that’s pretty obvious.”

My hard cock was straining against the zipper of my jeans, and when Andrew put a hand over the bulge, he smiled.

“Seems like a good sign.”

His tongue dove in my mouth as he undid my pants and pushed them to my ankles. After whisking away my socks, shoes and my discarded denim, all that was left were my boxers. Andrew stood up and didn’t do anything but look at me. My face felt hot as I watched his eyes move up and down my body.

“God, you’re cute,” he said.

“And you’re kind.”

He leaned in closer, and I expected another kiss, but he dropped to his knees in front of me and hooked his fingers into the waistband of my boxers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment