What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Friday 17 April 2015

Woodstock Gave Me You by J.D. Walker

It’s Woodstock, 1969, and Laramie Pruitt is anxious to feel some peace and love after the recent Stonewall riots in his hometown. While he’s grooving to some great music at the festival, Laramie meets a handsome young man named Sullivan “Sully” Conyers. They get along well, and Sully even tolerates Laramie’s tendency to get on his soapbox about social issues and Big Brother.

Soon, Laramie learns that Sully is gay—just like him. This leads to a tryst later that night and clandestine kisses under Sully’s tarp during a rainstorm. For the first time in his life, Laramie believes he’s found a man to love, a man who could love him in return...maybe.

But as always, Laramie’s mouth gets him into trouble. He takes off in a snit, but soon regrets his actions and yearns to return to Sully and apologize. Yet in a sea of half a million people, how is he supposed to locate the one man who could be his everything?

Genres: Gay/Nostalgic Contemporary (1960s-Era)/Exhibitionism/Public Places
Heat Level: 3
Length: Extended Amber Kiss (12k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...When we got back to our spot in the field, Shelly and some of her buddies were sitting on our blankets. I supposed that was one way to make sure our stuff didn’t disappear. We thanked her, and settled back into our space.

Sully and I rolled out our sleeping bags to prepare for sleep. I noted the strong smell of weed and something else around us. Turned out that Shelly’s buddies were big time stoners. They offered us a joint. I declined, feeling high enough on life already. Sully took a hit.

The music kept on going, and I lay down, staring up at the stars while zoning out on the bliss I’d experienced just now in the lake. Who knew I’d meet someone like Sully here at the festival?

It was definitely an added bonus to find a friend, and maybe more. I wondered what he felt about the whole thing. I turned my head to see what my new, intimate buddy was doing. I could just make out his body as he moved to the rhythm of the music.

I wanted to reach out and touch him, feel the muscles tense and release. Hopefully we’d have a chance at more than a hand job in the near future.

While I was grooving to Sly and the Family Stone, my eyes drifted closed. I awoke a little while later to find the tarp covering us again, and Sully close by in his sleeping bag.

“Sorry, buddy. Didn’t mean to wake you,” he whispered.

“That’s okay.” I yawned wide enough to crack my face. “Did it start to rain, or something?”

“Naw. I used the possibility of showers as an excuse to give us a little privacy.” I could hear the grin in his voice.

“You dog, you.” I unzipped my bag a little so I could take out my hands. “I want to kiss you.”

Sully obliged by leaning closer. His lips tasted as good as I remembered. We stayed like that for a while, another band on stage as we created our own little world in the middle of a field in Bethel.

“You’re a good kisser, Laramie,” he whispered, right before he nipped at the tip of my nose.

“You have the best lips I’ve ever savored.” And then I yawned again.

“Tired, huh?” he asked.

“A bit. Sorry to ruin the mood.”

He chuckled. “Don’t you worry about that. We’ll find a way to be together later. You’re not getting away that easily...”

No comments:

Post a Comment