What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Monday 18 March 2013

Charitable Giving by Heidi Champa


In his job as a fundraiser for Diggerson college, Mitch Harmon hears the word “no” a lot. Getting people to part with their hard-earned cash isn’t easy, no matter how good the cause, and the constant rejection is starting to wear on Mitch. The only bright spot of his job is Cal Marlow, a successful software developer and alum of Diggerson College, who has been generous with his donations.

When their relationship goes from strictly business to physical, they agree it should remain no-strings-attached. But, Mitch finds himself falling for Cal, despite his vow to keep things simple. When he finally gets the courage to tell Cal how he feels, Cal has an announcement of his own—he’s met someone, and wants to put an end to their fun and go back to being “professional.”

Has Mitch missed his chance at happiness, or can he find a way to get the love and the life he wants?

Genres: Gay/Contemporary/BDSM
Heat Level: 3
Length: Extended Amber Kiss (17k words)


Read a short excerpt...


...I pushed my way through the huge revolving door into the marble-filled lobby. Cal’s company took up the whole four-story office building, and no matter how many times I walked through the atrium, it always impressed me. This was, no doubt, the point.

After I signed in at the reception desk, I sat in one of the leather chairs by the huge wall of windows. I was caught up in thought, my eyes focused on the beautiful day outside.

“Hey there, Mr. Harmon, sorry to keep you waiting.”

I looked up and saw him. He looked so amazing; it put his perfect lobby to shame. Standing, I shook his hand and tried to be cool.

“Hey, Cal, nice to see you.”

“You, too. Feels like it’s been forever.”

“Well, that last check you gave us bought you a little time without having to see me.”

“My mistake. Next time, I’ll have to add less zeros. Come on up and we can talk.”

I followed him into the elevator and was disappointed when there were several other people in there. Cal glanced at me as we leaned against the back wall. While the conversations went on around us, he snuck his hand over and brushed it against mine. The last time I’d had my back against this wall; Cal had put me there, his strong thigh pressed between my legs as we kissed. That was a few months before, and the thought of it made my cock harden a bit. I took him in as I walked behind him toward his office. Once the door was closed, I found myself in his arms.

“I’ve missed you, Mitch. You look so good. New suit?”

He kissed me before I could say a kind word to him and his tongue swept into my mouth. I managed to pull away for a second, even though I didn’t want to.

“We really should talk about this whole board of trustee position thing.”

“Didn’t we cover most of that on the phone? I told you I’m in. Can’t wait for the first meeting in a few weeks.”

“Yeah, but that’s why I’m here. Darren wanted us to meet.”

“Here I thought it was you who wanted to see me.”

His mouth claimed mine again and it took all I had to get myself free.

“You know, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say the only reason you donate to the college is for the perks.”

He laughed into my neck, right before he kissed it. “That is true. The tax breaks are fabulous.”

“So, that’s the only reason? Nothing else?”

“Despite how it seems, Mitch, I don’t consider you a perk of donating to Diggerson.”

“Really? Then what would you call it? I mean, besides inappropriate.”

“I’d call it fun. The inappropriate part is what makes it so damn hot.”

“No argument here.”

“Speaking of which, you said something about a position you wanted to discuss with me?”

Cal slid my jacket off my shoulders and tossed it aside. I didn’t even care that it landed on the floor. That’s where my clothes always ended up when I visited Cal. He slowly undid my tie and was ready to drop it when I saw his eyes light up.

“I have an idea.”

“Really? What’s that?”

“Turn around.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

He slapped me on the ass, still covered by my wool pants. I turned around and faced Cal’s big desk and his gorgeous view right beyond the windows. The full length of his body pressed against me, his lips against the back of my neck as he undid my shirt and pulled it from my torso...

1 comment:

  1. Really fascinating extract - this sounds great! :)

    Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete