What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Lions and Tigers and Dragons…Oh My! By A.J. Llewellyn

I have always loved dragons. 

As a kid, I grew up on fairytales and loved the legends associated with them. I adored the song Puff the Magic Dragon and tried not to listen when my teenage cousins tried to tell me it was a metaphor for puffing a joint. I didn’t want to hear that. I wanted to be Little Jackie Paper. I wanted to be the one who brought Puff strings, sealing wax and other fancy stuff, like the song lyrics stated.

I did, however, always wonder what the other fancy stuff might have been and didn’t want to believe it might have been stuff like Zig Zags, a Zippo lighter, a roach, or an apple bong. I had a cousin who smoked his weed via an apple converted into a bong. It was bizarre. 

Bizarre. Bizarre. Bizarre.

I liked to think that other fancy stuff entailed food. Preferably cream cakes, cookies, and chocolates. I had a sweet tooth and I assumed dragons would too.

When the Dennis Quaid movie Dragonheart came out in the mid 1990s, I adored it. I saw it three times at the movies and was crushed, absolutely gutted when film critic Roger Ebert said at the time, "While no reasonable person over the age of 12 would presumably be able to take it seriously, it nevertheless has a lighthearted joy…”

Excuse me. I took the movie damned seriously. I couldn’t wait to get it on video, then DVD. I became so obsessed with dragons, I even bought one in Maui, a 3D big green thing that’s been on my living room wall ever since. I love that picture. It’s interesting though. Not many people get my thing for dragons. In face a therapist friend of mine was convinced I was silently screaming to be rescued and thought she was doing me a great big favor by giving me copy of the self-help book, Slay Your Own Dragons: How Women Can Overcome Self-Sabotage in Love and Work. I was really offended at the notion that I was searching for a man to be all things to me, but damn it, isn’t that true of all of us who believe in love.

And in hindsight, I should have heeded some of the good advice in the book, but that’s by the by. I have always written about men who love men. Some are searching for the ideal man. Others like the two in my new story About a Dragon, have sort of given up on love until they meet each other.

About a Dragon: Synopsis
TV writer Teddy Greist thinks he’s met the perfect guy. The man with the unusual name of Song Smith is so wonderful, Teddy couldn’t have written him better. He’s sexy, soulful, full of ambition, and—oh, no, Teddy soon realizes—just a little bit crazy.

Just as Teddy’s getting comfortable with the idea of being in love and having his hit show Oahu P.D. on the air at the same time, Song suddenly confesses to some weird family curse, then dumps Teddy faster than a bowl of soggy chicken dumplings.

Song is wild about Teddy, who’s changing his life in so many ways. But will Teddy still love him in return when he learns just how demented Song’s family really is? Can their budding romance survive the twisted tale of his father’s disappearance? And what will Teddy say when it becomes all too clear it has a lot to do with strings, sealing wax, and other fancy stuff?

Oh, and one more thing—it’s all about a dragon, too.

Genres: Gay / Contemporary Fantasy / Shapeshifter / The Arts / Action / Adventure 
HeatLevel: 3 
Length: Novella (27k words)

*     *     *
A NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING: This title is part of the Kiss Of Fire AmberPax™ Collection. To purchase this title individually, simply use the shopping cart on this page. To purchase this title as part of the entire AmberPax™, however, and receive an even greater discount off our normal retail price, use the shopping cart on the Kiss Of Fire AmberPax™ page.

For an excerpt and/or purchase, please click this link:

How about you…do you like dragons? Which is your favorite? Please leave a comment to enter the draw to win a copy of all five Kiss of Fire books!

Love,


A.J.

4 comments:

  1. I can not wait to read this AJ!!!!! oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting, AJ. I absolutely LOVE dragons, and have already purchased two in the set, but have to wait for finances before I can buy any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Silver and Alison! Alison you might get lucky and win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for the post AJ! I loved Dragonheart too. I love your wall dragon too. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete