What Are AmberPax™ Collections?

Simply put, AmberPax™ Collections are groups of five stories centered around a specific theme. Each story within an AmberPax™ is released individually, on the same day as the others, and can be purchased separately, but these five stories can also be purchased as a single unit (the full AmberPax™) at a discount, currently 25%. Generally, an AmberPax™ is similar to an "anthology" of stories, but instead of the titles being released in only a single volume (file), they are also available individually. These AmberPax™ Collections are sold exclusively through our website and only in electronic format.

THIS BLOG is for news about the Pax Collections - follow it to keep up with releases, find early news of the upcoming collections, and share Pax fun and chat with the authors!

All Amber Paxes can be bought at Amber Quill HERE.

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mist in the Night by D.J. Manly

Jamie’s on the brink of rebelling against everything in this life when, on one fateful evening, he’s invited to spend time in what’s thought to be a haunted house near the university campus. His roommate and another guy, totally “out” and ready to play, want Jamie to join them for some sexy fun.

Intrigued by the idea of exploring his sexuality, Jamie follows the two men into the old gothic mansion on the hill, once a place of decadence and torture. But could there still be echoes of the past lingering there?

Jamie’s about to discover much more than his sexual preferences on a night of terror he won’t ever forget. 

Genres: Gay/Gothic/Dark Fantasy/Vampire/Paranormal/Ghosts/Hauntings/BDSM (Light)/Ménage (M/M/M)/Group Sex 
Heat Level: 3
Length: Novella (19k words) 


Read a short excerpt...


...Wow, gay sex and breaking the law all in one night. “It’s where, this house?”

“Westmount, a few blocks from here in a quiet neighborhood. House was built about 150 years ago. It was a dancing school for a while, then a theater. Some rich family owns it. They seem to always be renovating it and no one lives there.”

“Why do people think it’s haunted?”

“Paranormal society on campus filmed some stuff…think they see ghosts, grey mist rising from the place. It’s ridiculous. I watched the video. It looks like a fake. I called them on it and they offered us three hundred bucks to stay the entire night. They think we’ll cave before morning.”

“Did anyone try it before?”

“Those guys said some people had tried it, and no one has ever collected the money.”

“They say why people left before morning?” Jamie asked curiously.

“They didn’t go into it. Just got spooked, I guess, let their imagination run away with them.”

“I don’t believe in ghosts anyway.” I laughed. “And if you guys want to go off and…you know…do your thing while we’re there, I’m cool with that.”

“Unless you want to join us,” Sam said from the door, holding up the wine bottle.

I blushed all over.

“Sam, take it easy on him, he’s a virgin,” Jacob scolded.

I felt embarrassed but how could I argue? I was a virgin. Hell, I hadn’t even kissed a guy on the mouth before. I quickly got dressed in jeans, a sweater and a jacket, then bundled my keys, sleeping bag, and a long, narrow flashlight into a duffle bag. It was hellishly cold for early April, but the sky was clear. We could see our breath as we walked up Sherbrooke Street, shivering. It was odd to see so few cars drive by but then I was rarely on the streets at this time of night.

A guy met us at the corner. He handed Jacob a camera. “You gotta keep this running all night. That’s the deal. There’s a clock on it. We’ll know if you go chicken.”

Jacob took the camera. “Got it.”

“Who’s this?” The camera guy asked curiously.

“Friend of ours,” Sam said. “Name’s Jamie. Jamie, this is Brian.”

I nodded at him.

“Cool. Well, guys. See you. Or not.” He made a spooky sound, laughed and strolled away.

Jacob and Sam laughed. I just stared at him as he walked away. “Creepy guy,” I muttered.

We pressed on.

“Hey,” Sam said, chuckling, as we got to the corner, “we could film ourselves and really give them something to watch in the morning.”

Jacob thought that hilarious and he and Sam laughed for some time until they reached the right cross street. Jacob checked the street name. “This is it!”

We all turned the corner and stopped, gawking at the house at the top of the street sitting on a steep hill. It was huge, with numerous windows, and made of stone with a long pathway of steps leading to the front door. The house stood off from the others, alone and deserted.

Something about it gave me the chills. I told myself it was all the work-up about ghosts and such. It was just an empty house, one that easily could have served in some horror film.

“How are we going to get in?” Jacob asked Sam.

“Leave that to me,” he said, forging ahead.

Jacob looked at me. “You sure you want to do this, Jamie? You can go back. We won’t hold it against you.”

“Only if you don’t want me along.”

“No, come on,” he urged.

We followed Sam up the sloped sidewalk, passing the other luxurious old houses on the way, all of which stood in darkness. As we pressed on, I looked up at the house again and, for a moment, my breath caught. I was sure I saw a figure in the upstairs window watching our approach... 

No comments:

Post a Comment